stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Sunday 31 May 2015

June comes dancing

June comes dancing

Hi dear friends and followers. Today I have a love poem for you, composed by by Claude McKay
Take 5, relax and enjoy. Thank you. 

When June comes dancing o'er the death of May, 
With scarlet roses tinting her green breast, 
And mating thrushes ushering in her day, 
And Earth on tiptoe for her golden guest, 

I always see the evening when we met-- 
The first of June baptized in tender rain-- 
And walked home through the wide streets, gleaming wet, 
Arms locked, our warm flesh pulsing with love's pain. 

I always see the cheerful little room, 
And in the corner, fresh and white, the bed, 
Sweet scented with a delicate perfume, 
Wherein for one night only we were wed; 

Where in the starlit stillness we lay mute, 
And heard the whispering showers all night long, 
And your brown burning body was a lute 
Whereon my passion played his fevered song. 

When June comes dancing o'er the death of May, 
With scarlet roses staining her fair feet, 
My soul takes leave of me to sing all day 
A love so fugitive and so complete. 

Claude McKay (1890 - 1948)

Thank you very much again, dear friends, for visiting my blog. Please share your thoughts with us, if you will. have a great day. 
ڰۣIn Loving Light from the Fairy Ladyڰۣ

No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU