stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Christmas Fairy


The Christmas Fairy
The Christmas tree so bright, 
so many pretty colors,
sparkling in tinsel 
and glimmering from its decorations;
there it stands tall and straight.
But something is amiss, 
something clouded in memory,
something not tallying the balance.
I walk slowly around the tree,
examining all around, for what could be wrong.
I retire for the night on Christmas Eve
after taking another look at my magnificent tree
and again getting that feeling,
that something is amiss.
I shrug my shoulders as I snuggle under the covers.
As soon as my eyes are open
I am on my feet, 
it is time to open the presents.
Eagerly I make my way to the living room,
And lo and behold, what do I see?
There, on top of the Christmas tree,
dancing there is the prettiest sight,
flashing in a multitude of shades and hues,
the most beautiful fairy,
pirouetting and spinning around.
Like a little ballerina, she was.
A few seconds passed,
and in a blink of an eye she was gone
leaving in a shower of sparkly fairy dust 
which gently settled upon my head. 
But everything is as it should be.
I remembered the fairy 
on the Christmas tree.
Cynthia©


No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU