stars

Welcome my dear friends. Enjoy your visit and share your thoughts. Thank you, much love

Friday 6 December 2013

The Christmas Fairy

The fairy on the Christmas tree
Is looking quite forlorn.
Her wand is broken and splinted; 
Her wings, all tattered and torn.
Her dress of stiff crepe paper
Was once a bright sky blue, 
But time has bleached it all away.
It's now a much paler hue.
But through it all, each Christmas
She sits in pride of place, 
Gazing down on the proceedings, 
A serene smile on her face.

She sat there when I was growing up, 
And when my son was small, 
And, somehow, I know she'll still be there
When the grandchildren come to call.
She's become a part of my family life, 
Of memories which I hold dear, 
And to me, at least, she heralds in
A Christmas filled with cheer.
And I just can't bear to give her up, 
To heartlessly throw her away.
To me she represents Christmases Past
And she will to my dying day. 

Dawn Ferrett

No comments :

Post a Comment

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ

AYÚDEME PROSPERAR, IGUAL QUE TÚ
HELP ME PROSPER, JUST LIKE YOU